Elite Story – Brett’s Passion
Brett and his wife Kerri have mentored multiple kids in the Leadershop program. The first kids they mentored are now adults, but they stay in touch with regular phone calls and continue to provide guidance.
Overview – Leadershop
Mission: The LeaderShop empowers youth to become community-minded individuals through diverse programs that foster confidence, knowledge and leadership.
Vision: The LeaderShop aspires to build an ever-growing network of youth energized by service and responsibility to self, community and the world.
- Commitment: We value employees and volunteers that exhibit a strong work ethic by taking ownership, embracing the mission, and executing high quality programs to achieve this mission.
- Compassion: We value the compassion of individuals and empower them to make a difference in the lives of others. We recognize and value the positive accomplishments that employees, volunteers, and youth can achieve by working together.
- Community Partners: We strive to improve the communities where we work and live. We value community partners and recognize the importance of working together to strengthen our collective positive impact.
- Quality of Life: We have a clear responsibility to protect employees, volunteers, and youth by making health and safety a priority. We recognize and encourage the importance of balancing professional and personal life.
- Diversity: We understand and appreciate our differences. We value diverse participation and do not exclude for any reason.
- Respect: We respect youth as individuals and value their contributions. We promote youth-led, adult-supported initiatives.
- Integrity: We act with honesty and integrity – making decisions in the best interest of youth, families, and communities.
- Youth Development: Our programs promote and develop a sense of competence, sense of usefulness, sense of belonging, and a sense of influence.